Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pumpkin Patches

I think visiting a pumpkin patch is one of my favorite yearly activities, and this year we went to two pumpkin patches. First, we went to the Parkhurst Pumpkin with the Bowlings. This was our first time to go there, and I really liked it, because it was in a wooded area and had a relaxing feel.
I did think at one point that we might not ever make it out of the corn maze, but we did. The kids also enjoyed the hay ride, and I appreciated that we actually rode on hay, not just benches like some of the other "hay" rides.
I didn't get any pictures, but the kids also had fun on the rope swings and playing some of the games.

We also took our annual trip to the Orr Family Farm with cousin Athena.
We were so excited that they were open this year, even though they had been significantly damaged by the May tornado. They had basically everything up and going again, including the carousel.
Tyler spent a lot of time on the pedal cars, and the girls loved the giant slide and the jumping pillows.
Looking forward to doing it again next year.

No comments: