Saturday, August 16, 2008

I love my job!

I love my job, and I know that makes me really blessed. I know this because I spent most of my adult life hating my job. I even thought that surely no one really liked their job...that's why they pay you to do it, right? Because it is so horrible.

But I'm now one of the lucky ones that loves their job. It always presents a new challenge. If I'm starting to get bored with one project, I can guarantee it won't be long until I'm on to the next project. I'm always working with different people which keeps things interesting....and I really like a lot of the people that I have worked with. I've gotten the oppurtunity to train others, which can sometimes be a headache, but I've always enjoyed teaching and this is the perfect oppurtunity to get some of that enjoyment without some of the typical problems that go with teaching. I owe a lot to my dad who got me into this business. Thanks, dad!

Here are some pictures that I have taken at courthouses that I have worked at. I'm trying to get a collection of black and white's of as many courthouses that I can, but only on days that I actually worked there.
Blaine County (Watonga) - a great place to work, except that apparently the cheese factory there has been close :(


Canadian County (El Reno) - great place to work - ugly, ugly courthouse

Grady County (Chickasha) - another great place to work, communtable, and Napoli's, Jake's and A&E Grill (landmen measure a courthouse by the places to eat in town)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've spent a lot of time in 2 out of 3 of those...lol. You should see the dome in Watonga; they just painted it a gold/bronze color.